Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Missing the Sea

I don't know if it's because I'm a Navy brat and grew up by the water or what, but if I've been away from the ocean too long I start to get very depressed.  My soul just needs it, to see the water stretch out forever, to smell the salt in the air, to feel the breeze against my skin, through my hair.  It soothes the soul, to see, to know how very small we are in reality... how small our troubles are in comparison to the great sea.  Which for me has always symbolized God's greatness, his love for us... cheesy?  Perhaps.  But it is how I've felt as long as I can remember :).  So here I sit, longing for the sea...

In my longing I've decided to get busy creating.  I will be attending my very first craft show on July 9th!  I'm so excited, Charissa and I will be sharing a table at Crazy Daze in Albany, Oregon.  So if any of you are going to be around... you should come see us!  :)  I am posting some of the stuff in my Etsy... so feel free to check it out! I'll share a few of my latest here... and there will be new ones added tomorrow!  Let me know what you think :)


So?  What do you think?
I'm totally in love with this style of pendant... they are like little sun-catchers... they catch the light and burst into colors.  Absolutely gorgeous, I've worn mine and gotten compliments at the grocery store! :)  And last but not least... I've decided to have custom awareness bracelets.  One form with some options.  These are in honour of my grandparents, two of which already passed away due to cancer... and the other two who are currently struggling with it.  I'm using Choose Hope's list of colors for cancers, so all you have to do is tell me which type of cancer and I will match the color in swarovski crystals.  Also I'm offering two options for clasp, a twisted toggle or a lobster.  Both are fabulously sturdy and very attractive :)  I am donating 5% of the proceeds to the Etsy Project Embrace team which you can check out:
http://www.etsy.com/teams/5893/etsy-project-embrace/discuss/6671848/
and the story of how they got started is here:
http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2010/teams-spotlight-etsy-project-embrace/

I'm so excited to be part of it, these are amazing people :)  http://www.etsy.com/listing/76745689/sweetest-fire-necklace?ref=v1_other_2

And here's the bracelet:


It took me ages to decide what sort of beads to use... I wanted something subtle, different, earthy.  Warm?  I wanted warmth.  Because these bracelets... what they stand for is hope.  Hope that together we can find a cure for cancer.  All cancer.  Someday, but only if we band together.  Click on any of the photos above to be taken to the listings.  I hope you guys enjoy my latest work as much as I did creating it.  Happy Tuesday everyone!  I will try and write a bit more later this week :)  Oh!  And in case you don't all know, we have a FB page and I give away at least one bracelet a month!  So tell your friends!  LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Souls-Fire-Designs/146687192067835

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it means so much to me!